Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Bennett vs. Grace

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm requesting reviews from all you folks that have Bennett and/or Grace. I'm only buying Kit, who will get her collection plus some of Molly's. I'm trying to pick the cutest, most high-quality and realistic dog for Kit. I'm obviously not being a purist with Kit, so I'm trying to find out which dog would be best. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We love Grace, but we are huge basset hound fans. We just got Kit and DD is going to collect Kit's collection. We are not purists but I feel strongly that we shoud have mainly Kit's collection.

    Lara

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both Kit & Molly as well as Grace & the two versions of Bennet. I just think that the dogs personalities (especially Grace's) are so ingrained in the stories, they are the one thing I wouldn't crossover. I'd go with Grace for Kit. She's a really special part of the stories and Kit's discovery of her illustrates so clearly the desperation people felt during that time period.

    Oh... and I'm a terrier person telling you to go with a hound if that means anything to you! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also have both Bennet and Grace and love them both! Grace was my first AG dog, so she is more special. I love them! Both Kit and Molly need their pets. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd take any AG dog! I love all dogs.

    Maybe they could duke it out. You could place them in a pen together with a huge steak sitting right in the middle, and we could see which dog gets it. LOL!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say get Grace. I'm hoping to get her soon for my Kit. I "think" she's bigger than Bennett...Bennett is tiny! Very cute, but I think Grace will look more realistic.

    I like doll's dogs a little bigger, more like Sandy and Jip. (by the way, dd bought Jip with her Christmas money and he is adorable!)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member adriana82's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd vote for Grace or Jip. Bennett is too small and doesn't seem as realistic to me. Though his coloring is cute.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gingerharp:
    Maybe they could duke it out. You could place them in a pen together with a huge steak sitting right in the middle, and we could see which dog gets it. LOL!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My vote goes with Bennet in that situation. Never come between a terrier and his dinner.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Aunt Cornelia:
    I say get Grace. I'm hoping to get her soon for my Kit. I "think" she's bigger than Bennett...Bennett is tiny! Very cute, but I think Grace will look more realistic.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think they are both relatively correct in proportion. Basset Hounds are short, but they are heavy, large dogs. Smaller females are around 45-50 pounds, and it's not unusual for larger males to be 70 pounds-- although far too many are overweight. For dogs 12-16" at the shoulder, that's huge.

    Bennet is a Parson Jack Russell or Wire Fox Terrier mix. That would put him around the same height as a Basset (and Grace & Bennet are about the same at the shoulder), but a JRT or Wire Fox would range from about 12-20 pounds. That's a considerably smaller dog!

    Relative to Kit & Molly's height AG's versions of Grace & Bennet are correct for their breeds.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kitzka:
    We love Grace, but we are huge basset hound fans.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We, too, are huge basset hound fans, but then we are also active in basset rescue, finding homes for wayward and abandoned basset hounds. Grace Rules! Basset owners delight in giving their dogs nonsensical names, e.g., Grace, Flash, Speedy...

    Taffy (Holiday Bassets)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •